Classroom Communication Assignment by New Assignment Help
Introduction Classroom Communication Assignment Sample
The report is all about the classroom talk that describes the development of practices, which helps to improve the experiences of children in schools. It mainly includes the issues of the pupil who participated in classroom communication and analyze the situation for better performance. Further, it covers the teaching strategies that help to support the learning of pupils through communication (Law, and et.al., 2019). The study provides knowledge about the use of different strategies, which support children, by guiding languages. At last, it includes the discussion about strategies of shared thinking, the role of talk in play-based teaching and promoting the activities of talk in the group work. However, the use of puppets plays an important role in classroom interaction.
Get free samples written by our Top-Notch subject experts for taking assignment help services.
Critical analysis of literature related to a selected topic
The topic in the present study is classroom communication that is very important in the profession of teaching that analyzes different functions for the enhancement in knowledge and skills. However, it is an integral part of the learning procedure that occurs between teachers and learners. The direct communication between teachers and learners also allows teachers to connect with the immediate review for a better understanding. In addition to this, it involves the lecturing, explaining in the part of the teacher, as well as engaging many students in debate and some discussion. There are many group instructions like an individual, small group and large group that helps to enhance the level of communication that provides important learning to the students. In the present situation, technology plays an essential role in the classroom talk that is used to achieve the learning objectives of classroom teaching. Further, the innovative and creative ideas evolved among the students where the technology gives appropriate access to information to establish activities (Sidelinger, Frisby, and Heisler, 2016).
Furthermore, classroom communication provides internal knowledge about the different perspective and opinion of learners and their activities during the session. Thus, the teacher plays a significant and effective role in the enhancement of the intellectual and academic skills of the students.
Issues of pupil participation in classroom talk/communication
The classroom talk is one of the most important for the students as it solves their issues and enhances their learning capacity. Further, there are some of the issues of pupil participation in classroom communication that are as follows:
- It includes the difficulty in the topic which affect the class and people who asked for the solution and need to understand about the participation in the talk. It is one of the common issues that affect the activities and few people understand the topic.
- Sometimes the topic is repetitive and it means to enforce the lessons, which are already learnt that leads to a common challenge, and it is considered as a challenge in the classroom talk. It is essential to understand the aspect of pupil participation and describe it with some level to the other students (Lin, Durbin, and Rancer, 2017).
- Further, the people sometimes not ready for asking questions where they ask something different which negatively affect the activities of the class. It affected the performance in a bad way so that the whole class face challenges in pupil participation. It is essential to develop a meaningful aspect in classroom communication which can be easily learned by all of the people and understand the performance of the students.
- In addition to this, the pupil participation faces rejection over the chosen topic by the other people in the classroom talk, as they are not able to understand it or not have any idea about the topic. Thus, it decreases their morale and affected performance in the classroom and feel demotivated so that they need positive energy in the classroom for better performance.
Thus, the issues of pupil participation in classroom talk affect other people, as they need to develop some changes according to the requirement of students.
Evaluate selected teaching strategies or approaches and discuss how these can support pupil learning through talk/communication
The environment of the classroom is dynamic, which mainly bring students together from the varied background with their abilities as well as personalities. The effective strategies of teachers need an appropriate implementation of the innovative ideas of teaching for enhancement in pupil learning through communication.
Cooperative learning- The teaching approach to cooperative learning mainly encourage students with different abilities for working and promotes class activities. In this, there is a verbal expression of the students and respond to other students, which helps to develop self-confidence throughout life. The cooperative learning support pupil learning with exchanging ideas among each other for enhancing the activities (Mallick, and et.al., 2018).
Use of technology in the classroom- This is another teaching approach that is the use of technology in the classroom that is the best way to engage students with some digital media usage that interest students. It supports the enhancement in the way of pupil learning and creates a way for developing service.
Behaviour Management- The teaching approach includes the implementation of a behaviour management strategy, which is important for students to gain some respect and knowledge in an equal manner. It helps in supporting the pupil learning and their behaviour in the classroom talk to increase the knowledge.
Professional development- In this, the professional develop programmers is a better way to enhance learning and teaching in the classroom. Further, there are certain educational policies are changing that requires an opportunity to manage the system with learning capabilities. Professional development increases pupil learning activities through communication.
Thus, the teaching approaches helps to enhance the knowledge of pupil with developing some strategies for learning capacities. It helps to increase the knowledge of students and their sense of humour that develop new ideas to deal with the situations (Basse, and Peña, 2020).
Use of strategies to support children with additional communication and language needs
There are different strategies for supporting children with additional communication and languages as per the requirement in their learning activities. The responsive interaction among the children encourages them to extend their performance as well as addition communication for the development and growth in the languages.
- Listening and attention provide a way to attend a proper range of solution by providing the actual events ad respond to the queries according to the requirement. They follow proper rules and regulation to manage the performance through different tasks (Tarp, 2017).
- Technological use is another strategy to improve additional communication as well as improvement in language that affects positively on the children. The listening capacity of children with the help of audiobooks also improves the communication skills of children. In addition to this, the strategy increases the moral of children and their interest in learning new languages.
- Tasks and activities which boost critical thinking mainly considered as a way for improving the additional communication among the children and it exercise their mind to develop new ideas for further learning.
- Reflective learning opportunities helps the children to present their ideas through the way of assessing the performance by analyzing the strength and weakness in a small group of people.
These are some of the strategies, which can help enhance the additional communication among the children. It encourages them to learn a new language for future growth. It has an impact on the children positively and they develop a new level of thinking and perform based on knowledge.
Implementing strategies such as sustained shared thinking or Philosophy for Children (P4C)
There are certain strategies, which are required to be implementing for the enhancement in the knowledge of children that are considered as sustained shared thinking as well as the philosophy of Children. Both of the strategies helps to enhance the knowledge of children and their daily tasks which is based on the interaction (Chaisanit, 2018).
The implementation of sustained shared thinking mainly includes the idea of working together to share opinions in a theoretical or practical manner. It includes deep thinking for analyzing the issues and provide a good solution for the study. In addition to this, the thinking of an individual must be extended for ensuring the deep level of thinking which takes place after an appropriate interaction among the children.
Philosophy for Children is a movement that aims to provide argumentative skills as well as reasoning to the children to increase in the level of thinking. The children input creativity and ideas for the growth of the child and managing the education with the capabilities of the children. It is successful for children in the context of creativity as well as effectively providing dynamic nature by using proper human resources.
Thus, the implementation of sustained shared thinking or philosophy for children is effective and it develops creative ideas in the mind of children. It increases their courage to share knowledge as well as performance-based activities that deal with the changing environment in the classroom. It increases the self-confidence of students with performing philosophy for children and that provides basic flexibility to the thinking of students. There are many differences in the study of classroom interaction and children knowledge, which are analyzed with the help of experiment and creativity test for achieving proper outcomes (Len, 2018).
The role of talk in play-based teaching approaches
The play-based teaching approaches help to build some level of motivation with the help of learning and children can explore different areas with some playful ways. It includes different activities like child initiative and teacher-supported learning that encourages the interactions and aim to increase their motivation to the higher levels. The communication plays an important role in play-based teaching approaches in many ways such as-
- Communication is considered as a way to enhance the skills and give an opinion to each in the teaching activities.
- It will ease the activities by transferring the activities through their views on approaches and enhance play-based teaching (Fatsah, and Katili, 2020).
- Effective communication skills increase learning experience and it also includes a primary assessment of an individual in the group of people.
- Communication or talk allows people to share the opinion that increases the learning capacity of people in the play-based teaching approaches.
- Communication is an increase in the group talk and enhances the skills of learners, which encourage them to participate in play-based activities.
It enhances the grot among the students and teaching approaches increases the performance for the development in the activities.
Promoting/supporting talk in group work
Classroom interactions mainly show that promoting helps to increase in the group talk that stimulates opportunities to articulate the ideas. It is essential to emphasize the significance of teamwork as the students are regularly reporting the data among the group of people. Evidence is considered the aspect of collaborative communication in the groups. Further, it is one of the most effective perspectives of learning that make high demands for the participants.
In addition to this, to consider the role of group member helps to promote group talk and enhances the functions as per the needs of people. Further, the meetings for the class time with some agenda mainly supports the talk in group work with an appropriate amount of work, which can be completed in a short period. It also includes online work as an option for enhancing services in an organized manner (Pal, Halder, and Guha, 2016). However, the project includes a report that contributes to the same thing, which differs from the identification of the activities in the assessment of performance. Thus, the promotion of communication in group work helps to increase in the opinion of people and provide different ways to solve issues in work.
From the above study, it can be concluded that classroom interaction is one of the important parts of the learning activities that improve the motivation level among the students. It develops knowledge about the value of talk in the children that enhances learning in a well-documented manner in the appreciation of the activities. The teachers also use the narrative aspect to develop stimulating aspect that encourages children for their contribution towards the activities in the classroom. The talk promotes the reasoning in a significant manner that develops skills among the children with some argumentation and it provides opportunities for the conceptual understanding.
Basse, R. and Peña, I.P., 2020. Does AfL Promote Discussion in CLIL Classrooms? Exploring AfL Techniques and Their Effect on Classroom Communication. In Assessment and Learning in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) Classrooms (pp. 189-204). Springer, Cham.
Chaisanit, S., 2018. A REVIEW Of EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATION MODEL A PRACTICAL TEACHING IN THE THAI CLASSROOM GUIDE. Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Thonburi University, 12(29), pp.9-18.
Fatsah, H. and Katili, A., 2020. Critical Discourse Analysis on Teacher Talks in The Classroom Communication. Jambura Journal of English Teaching and Literature, 1(1), pp.40-52.
Law, J., Tulip, J., Stringer, H., Cockerill, M. and Dockrell, J., 2019. Teachers observing classroom communication: An application of the Communicating Supporting Classroom Observation Tool for children aged 4-7 years. Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 35(3), pp.203-220.
Len, K.E., 2018. Classroom Communication Techniques: A Tool for Pupils' Participation in the Learning Process across the Curriculum. Creative Education, 9(03), p.535.
Lin, Y., Durbin, J.M. and Rancer, A.S., 2017. Perceived instructor argumentativeness, verbal aggressiveness, and classroom communication climate in relation to student state motivation and math anxiety. Communication Education, 66(3), pp.330-349.
Mallick, R., Kathard, H., Thabane, L. and Pillay, M., 2018. The Classroom Communication Resource (CCR) intervention to change peer's attitudes towards children who stutter (CWS): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, 19(1), pp.1-8.
Pal, N., Halder, S. and Guha, A., 2016. Study on Communication Barriers in the Classroom: A Teacher's Perspective. Online Journal of Communication and Media Technologies, 6(1), pp.103-118.
Sidelinger, R.J., Frisby, B.N. and Heisler, J., 2016. Students' out of the classroom communication with instructors and campus services: Exploring social integration and academic involvement. Learning and Individual Differences, 47, pp.167-171.
Tarp, G., 2017. Influences on intercultural classroom communication: student voices. Pedagogies: An International Journal, 12(2), pp.219-231.