Relationship Between Preference, Positive Affect And Perceived Coherence Of An Indoor Space With Its Perceived Likelihood Of Restoration Assignment Sample

  • 54000+ Project Delivered
  • 500+ Experts 24x7 Online Help
  • No AI Generated Content
GET 35% OFF + EXTRA 10% OFF
- +
35% Off
£ 6.69
Estimated Cost
£ 4.35
9 Pages 2367Words

Relationship Between Preference, Positive Affect And Perceived Coherence Of An Indoor Space With Its Perceived Likelihood Of Restoration

Get free written samples by our Top-Notch subject experts and Assignment Writing Service team.

Introduction

Preference refers to the special liking or the choosing for something or someone rather than others or another by choosing. Preference is one of the major elements in the life of people where people need to choose the most wanted thing from the choice list. These pReferences are also interconnected with their own values with the cultural norms, where they can be also associated with the past event or the past experience and previous decisions (Wilkie & Clements, 2018). Coherence refers to the consistency of logic and the making sense in a complete structure, where it is related to logic. In the area of psychology, coherence refers to the meaningful interconnection among the different entities that are psychological. A unique system of independent belief of logical consistency from one belief to the other is coherent.

Positive Effect refers to the cumulative effects of the alternatives that are expected to improve, net of the status for the resources. These are related to the current status under the past, along with the present and actions of the foreseeable future. It is the feeling or the emotions of the display and experience in terms of emotions that influence us for acting and making decisions. This mainly refers to the positive emotions and the positive expressions that also include pride, joy, energy, and others. Perceived Restoration refers to the experience and the perceptions of the different components where it is connected to the coherence of the people, the positive effect of the people, and preference for the people. It also refers to the potentiality of the environment for reestablishing the certain cognitive capacities that are related to the human processing of information (Shu& Ma, 2018). In this report, the main discussion will be based on the relationship between the different psychological factors such as preference, perceived coherence, the positive effect of indoor space with the perceived likelihood of restoration

Research Question:

"Is there a relationship between preference, positive affect, and perceived coherence of an indoor space with its perceived likelihood of restoration?"

Research Hypothesis:

H1: There is a possible relationship between the preference and the likelihood of restoration.

H0: There is no relationship between the preference and the likelihood of restoration. 

H2: There is a possible relationship between the positive effect and the likelihood of restoration.

H0: There is no relationship between the positive effect and the likelihood of restoration.

H3: There is a possible relationship between the perceived coherence and the likelihood of restoration. 

H0: There is no relationship between the perceived coherence and the likelihood of restoration. 

Methods

The method of this report is based on the quantitative research method, where the report will be based on the primary research process. This primary research process is mainly based on the primary analysis through the SPSS software, where this spss analysis will have a different outcome of the spss statistics (Gao, et al. 2019). The total number of participants in this report and questionnaire survey is 317, with the complete spss analysis based on the 317 survey respondents, and this survey was done by questionnaire.

Participants

Participants of this report and the questionnaire survey are 317, where the entire spss analysis is mainly based on the 317 respondents of the survey and this survey was conducted through the questionnaire. The quantitative research approach is used in this report, and the report will be based on the primary research procedure (Lu & Fu, 2019). The primary research process in this report is mostly based on primary analysis using SPSS software, with each spss analysis yielding a separate set of spss data.

Design

Research design is also an essential part of the research report, where the research design is mainly based on the questionnaire survey and its respondent to the spss analysis. The research design contains four variables Preference, coherence, Positive affect, and Perceived Restoration.

Materials

The material of the project is provided in the filename of Study_1_Data_2122, where the data contains 317 respondents on the basis of a questionnaire.

Procedure

The procedure of the research is to through SPSS, where the response of the 317 respondent people will be utilized. The SPSS software will be used to analyze the data and this output file will help in the data interpretation process.

Results

Gender frequency table

Table 1: Gender frequency table

(Created in SPSS)

Age descriptive table

Table 2: Age descriptive table

(Created in SPSS)

Factors descriptive table

Table 3: Factors descriptive table

(Created in SPSS)

Table 4: Factors correlation table

(Created in SPSS)

Scatter Plot

Figure 1: Scatter Plot

(Source: Excel)

Discussion

According to the first table of gender frequencies, the total number of respondents was 317, where 111 were male, 204 were female and they were non-binary. This table states that the respondent of the questionnaire survey includes 2 third of the total respondent and one-third of the male respondent (Masoudinejad & Hartig, 2020). According to the second table of age descriptive, the minimum value is 18, where the maximum value is 87, and the mean value is 33.47 along with the standard deviation value of 13.387. This refers to the fact that there were 317 respondents and their responses are valid, where the response of the respondent states that the different factors of the research are connected to one another. According to the third table of factors descriptive, the total numbers of respondents are 317, where there are four factors as Perceived Coherence, Positive Affect, Preference, and Likelihood Restoration. For the Perceived Coherence, the statistical value of the standard deviation is .913, where the statistical value for the variance is .834. For the Preference, the statistical value of the standard deviation is .783, where the statistical value for the variance is .613 (Pálsdóttir, et al. 2018). For the Likelihood Restoration, the statistical value of the standard deviation is .941, where the statistical value for the variance is .885. For the positive effect, the statistical value of the standard deviation is .601, whereas the statistical value for the variance is .361.

Preference is one of the most important aspects of people's lives since it requires them to choose the most desired item from a list of options. In an indoor space, the preference refers to a strong preference for something or someone over others or something else. In the field of psychology, especially in the age of indoor space, coherence refers to the meaningful relationship between the many psychological phenomena. The cumulative effects of the options that are predicted to be better, net of the resource situation are referred to as the positive effect and these are linked to the current state of affairs in the past, as well as the present and activities in the near future. We are influenced to act and make decisions by the feeling or emotions of the show and experience in terms of emotion, where the perception of the indoor space is also related to this (Subiza-Pérez, et al. 2019). Perceived Restoration relates to the experience and perceptions of several components in relation to people's coherence, good effect, and liking for people. It also refers to the ability of the environment to rebuild specific cognitive capacities associated with human information processing.

Pearson's r test of correlation revealed a moderate, statistically significant positive relationship between restoration preference and likelihood (r(315) = 0.686, p.001). Perceived preference accounted for 47 percent of the difference in the likelihood of restoration, leaving other factors to account for the remaining 53 percent. Positive affect and likelihood of restoration had a high, statistically significant positive relationship, according to a Pearson's r test of correlation (r(315)=.748, p0.001) (Tabrizian, et al. 2020). Positive affect accounted for 55.9% of the variance in the likelihood of restoration, meaning that other factors accounted for 44.1 percent of the variance. Pearson's r test of correlation revealed a reasonably substantial positive relationship between perceived coherence and restoration likelihood (r(315)=.673, p.001). Perceived coherence explained 45.1 percent of the variance in the likelihood of restoration, leaving other factors to explain the remaining 54.9 percent. After discussion of table 4, it can be said that there are strong relationships between the different factors, where the relationship between the restoration preference and likelihood is moderate (Liu &Schroth, 2019). The relationship between the Positive effect and likelihood of restoration is strong, and the relationship between the coherence and restoration likelihood is substantial.

Figure 4 in the above section depicts the scatter plot between the average preference and average coherence. Because it demands people to have the most desirable object from a number of options, preference is among the most significant aspects of their life. In an interior setting, a factors leads for somebody above others or anything else is referred to this as a preference. Coherence refers to the relevant relationship between the various behavioral occurrences in the science of psychology, particularly in the age of indoor environment (Wilkie et al. 2018). The positive impact refers to the collective consequences of alternatives that are projected to be greater, net of the economically effective, and is linked towards the present state of things with in history, and also the existing and activity in the coming years.

Conclusion

After discussion of the above sections, it can be said that the three hypotheses are provided throughout this research where the relationship between these different factors is established. After discussion of the above sections, it can be said that there is a strong relationship between the different factors such as positive affect, preference, and the perceived coherence of the indoor space along with the restoration of perceived likelihood.

Reference list

Journal

Gao, T., Zhang, T., Zhu, L., Gao, Y., &Qiu, L. (2019). Exploring psychophysiological restoration and individual preference in the different environments based on virtual reality. International journal of environmental research and public health16(17), 3102. Retrieved from: https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/16/17/3102/pdf[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Liu, M., &Schroth, O. (2019). Assessment of Aesthetic Preferences in Relation to Vegetation-Created Enclosure in Chinese Urban Parks: A Case Study of Shenzhen Litchi Park. Sustainability11(6), 1809. Retrieved from: https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/11/6/1809/pdf [Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Lu, M., & Fu, J. (2019). Attention restoration space on a university campus: exploring restorative campus design based on environmental preferences of students. International journal of Environmental research and public health16(14), 2629. Retrieved from: https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/16/14/2629/pdf[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Masoudinejad, S., &Hartig, T. (2020). Window view to the sky as a restorative resource for residents in densely populated cities. Environment and behavior52(4), 401-436. Retrieved from: https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1380562/FULLTEXT01.pdf[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Pálsdóttir, A. M., K Stigsdotter, U., Persson, D., Thorpert, P., &Grahn, P. (2018). The qualities of natural environments that support the rehabilitation process of individuals with stress-related mental disorder in nature-based rehabilitation. Retrieved from: https://pub.epsilon.slu.se/15416/1/palsdottir_et_al_180830.pdf[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Shu, S., & Ma, H. (2018). The restorative environmental sounds perceived by children. Journal of Environmental Psychology60, 72-80. Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Shan-Shu/publication/327685865_The_restorative_environmental_sounds_perceived_by_children/links/5b9ef885a6fdccd3cb5dfe32/The-restorative-environmental-sounds-perceived-by-children.pdf[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Subiza-Pérez, M., Hauru, K., Korpela, K., Haapala, A., &Lehvävirta, S. (2019). Perceived Environmental Aesthetic Qualities Scale (PEAQS)–A self-report tool for the evaluation of green-blue spaces. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening43, 126383. Retrieved from: https://trepo.tuni.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/135772/Perceived_Environmental_Aesthetic.pdf?sequence=1[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Tabrizian, P., Baran, P. K., Van Berkel, D., Mitasova, H., &Meentemeyer, R. (2020).Modeling restorative potential of urban environments by coupling viewscape analysis of lidar data with experiments in immersive virtual environments. Landscape and Urban planning195, 103704. Retrieved from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/am/pii/S016920461930831X[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

Wilkie, S., & Clements, H. (2018).Further exploration of environment preference and environment type congruence on restoration and perceived restoration potential. Landscape and Urban Planning170, 314-319. Retrieved from: http://sure.sunderland.ac.uk/id/eprint/7223/3/Research%20Note.pdf[Retrieved on 22.02.2022]

35% OFF
Get best price for your work
  • 54000+ Project Delivered
  • 500+ Experts 24*7 Online Help

offer valid for limited time only*

×